Thursday, November 10, 2011

Woven Jelly Roll Rug

My sister turned me on to this site (Moda Bakeshop www.modabakeshop.com),
I am absolutely fascinated by jelly rolls, especially the batik jelly rolls.  So when I discovered that I could make fun stuff with them, I was excited to say the least. I had some trouble with the weaving but I figured since it was my first time, I would let it go.  I recently found my self with a whole lot of time on my hands, and I needed to immerse myself into a project that would take my mind off of my worries and whatnots.  I finished it in less than 24 hours and it was actually fun.  When it was finished I put it at the front door, and discovered my husband wouldn't walk on it because he said it was too pretty :).  What a complement.  The picture doesn't do it justice, because the colors are real vibrant.  The only thing that I don't like is how thin it is.  It works real nice as a dog or cat pad on the sofa, but for the floor I will want to use some batting to insulate from the cold hardwood floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment