Thursday, July 14, 2011

Exploding Convergence

In April of this year, my sister and I took a class at the Pendleton Quilt Works, we had a blast.  There were four of us all total including our instructor, Johanne Moore.  It was a 2 day class, which was nice, because it gave us time to actually do the work, instead of doing some and then taking lots of notes.  I drove over to my sister's place the night before, then we commuted together into Pendleton both days.  At first I had agreed to do the class just because my sister asked me to.  But I found myself actually having fun, and I learned a lot.  Thanks to Johanne being a great teacher, I believe my piece turned out beautiful.  You should know also that we were to bring our own fabric which I did, but I did'nt understand how to count repetitions, and I didn't bring enough fabric.  Luckily for me; Johanne brought not only enough, but it was Koi fabric.  It was perfect in more than one aspect;  first I'm a koi lover, and keeper; second I already made a blanket for my antique sofa with the same fabric; third I'm a member of the Washington
Koi and Watergarden Society (they loved it).  Anyway my sister and I had a lot of fun poking fun at each other, and at first I think the third lady there thought we were being unkind, and made a comment to that point.  By the second day tho, she and our instructor had joined in the bantering.  Mostly we teased my sister on how much time she spent talking about everything to everyone.  In fact she spent so much time talking, that she was the last one to finish :) Still she did fabulous work as you can see.  Anyway I found a place on the wall at the end of my kitchen to hang my master piece and have yet to remove it and finish it.  My plan is to see if I have any more of the same koi fabric for the backing, then use the same gold fabric for the edging. Ultimately it will probably always be a wall piece, unless I enlarge it.

1 comment:

  1. There were only two people that could ever out talk me: Mom and the wife of Fred's last CSM, Mrs Pat Manning. I haven't finished mine either, but I have shown it all over the place.... school, church, the bus student.... (I think! LOL)

    ReplyDelete