Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Koi Quilt

So I decided to make a quilt with the winners from last years WK&WGS Koi Show (http://washingtonkoi.org/).  I printed out the winning Koi onto printable fabric, it needs to say washable.  You can find this at places that cater to crafts.  I've gotten them from Jo-Ann Fabrics, and this year I got EQ Printables from the Sewing and Stitchery Expo (http://www.sewexpo.com/).  Anyway then I used my EQ6 software to create a design to put the photos into, and then I started looking for fabric.  A little here, a little there, and finally Saturday I had the red that I was looking for.  Yesterday afternoon, I started ripping strips and just kept going, couldn't stop even when everyone else in the house went to bed. 
Photo: Koi quilt, I'm making for the koi show, this yearAs you can see I embroidered the winning category next to the picture of the winning Koi.  I still need to add the year and my initials to the sashing.  The back will be the same blue koi as the outside boarder.  I still need to figure out how I want to quilt it.  It would be fun if I could do a simplified version of a fish all over it, but I don't know if it would look good.  I think I will consult some professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment