Saturday, July 18, 2009

Doug's Quilt




So, I promised Doug I would make him his very own quilt, theme being route 66, cars and motorcycles. I have it to the point where it's pinned together, and I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to quilt it the way I want. I want a wandering road all over it, with in between the road quilted motor cycles and maybe cars. I created an easy image of a motor cycle that will work, and a car should be simple too. The problem is, I need to draw the road and most of the fabric is dark and my pencil is not leaving a very good line for me to see. He wanted it to be reversible, and I actually got him to go shopping for fabrics with me. Quilt store employees gave him a lot of ribbing.
Doug tended to pick out fabrics that were very dark, so I had to add in some brite ones as well, as you can see, and Napoleon approved.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Quilt. Use a Crayola Washable Marker (Test first for washing outness)to draw your road. See if you can make your pictures "clickable" to link to your webshots so they can be seen bigger.


    Love Sister

    ReplyDelete